December 12, 2015

Thadhipandan



Krishna along with Balram and his friends was always being a bothersome for the Gopis. They would steal the butter while it’s being taken to Mathura. They will also be stealing butter from houses when the house owners are not around, at least not around the pot is more than enough for Krishna. Nothing stopped Krishna from stealing butter. Gopis complained to Yashoda and Nanda Gopa too, but Krishna would lie that the gopis are lying! 



Sometimes, in late night, when everyone is in deep sleep, Krishna, Balram and their friends will start looking for houses that churned for butter in the morning. They will steal and eat all the butter silently and return to their houses and sleep as if nothing has happened. The next day morning, Gopis will understand that it’s all Krishna’s act but when they complain to Yashoda, Krishna would respond, “Maatha! I was sleeping next to you the whole night. How could I steal the butter then? They are all lying!” His act will be so realistic like the night’s act and mother Yashoda would believe only Krishna and not the Gopis.

One evening while returning home after playing with his friends near the banks of the river Yamuna, Sudhama, Krishna’s best friend said, ”Krishna! You know what, I saw the gopi who lives three houses next to mine churning butter in the morning.”

Krishna’s eyes sparkled like diamond. “Sudhama! You are the best friend I have ever got. How nice of you to understand my hunger! Now that we are all tired, shall we have some butter to refresh our mind?” Krishna looked at Balram and his friends with the same mischievous look that he would have every time while stealing butter.

Krishna’s enthusiasm spread among the group and everyone started playing their role while they go to steal butter. With an assurance that there’s no one in the house, everyone went inside the kitchen and started having the butter. Since there was no one in the house, everyone had fun and ate all the butter. They forgot that they came for stealing and started having fun inside the house. In the meantime, the house owner returned and saw Krishna and Balram having fun with their friends. The Gopi started shouting in anger at them. “Krishna! I know it’s you who would have started this. I’m going to take you to your mother this time and make sure you get punished.”

Krishna, Balram and their friends started running towards the streets. They ran faster than the gopis. Everyone split and started running in different directions. Krishna ran and entered into a house. The hall had large drums kept in the corner. Krishna checked every single drum. They were all filled with buttermilk. Finally he got inside the one that was empty. He hid himself from the gopis. It was Thadhipandan’s house. Thadhipandan is a seller of milk products especially buttermilk and butter. Thandhipandan who was in the other room saw all this. Thadhipandan is an ardent devotee of Lord Vishnu. He knew that Krishna is an incarnation of Lord Vishnu.

Thadhipandan came running and sat on the top of the drum as if like nothing happened. The gopis who came looking for Krishna saw Thadhipandan and asked him, “Oh Thadhipanda! Did you see that little thief Krishna? He came running this side. He stole butter in my house. That little thief ate all my butter.”

“Oh really! That’s so bad. I didn’t see him. I’m sitting here for a long time. I didn’t see him or any kids running this way.”- Thadhipandan lied to the gopis in order to save Krishna.

“If you see him, get hold of him. Don’t let him run away. I’m going to present him in front of Yashoda and tell her about his stealing. Every time we complaint, he makes us look like fools in front of Yashoda.”-saying so the gopis left. But Thandhipandan didn’t move. He sat on the drum’s top humming to himself.

Krishna who is inside the drum knew that the gopis had left. He was waiting for Thadhipandan to get up, but now it seemed like it’s not going to happen. He punched Thandhipandan from inside-“Oi Gopa Thandhipanda! How long are you planning to sit on the top? It’s suffocating inside. I’m not able to breathe. Get up.”

“Hey Krishna, you are struck in my hands now. If you want to get out of the pot, grant me my wish. Only then I will release you.”-Thadhipandan was sitting firmly on the top of the drum.

“What is this? I tried to escape from the gopis and now struck with this guy. That too inside a drum! Oi Gopa! Is this the way to ask for a wish? That’s not fair. This is blackmail!”- Krishna shouted from inside.

“I know. But this is the only way to get hold of you. And also you are not that easy to be caught. While you are Krishna and also while you are the Lord himself. This is my only chance! Grant me Moksha. Get me out of this cycle of birth and rebirth and the worldly life. Agree to it and then I will let you free.”- Thandhipandan was so firm on his side.

“Oh boy! What have I pulled myself into? Fine, I agree. I agree. I will grant Moksha to both you and your drum that I’m struck in. Now let me out! It’s so hard to sit inside. And suffocating!” – Krishna bellowed from inside.

Thadhipandan was so relieved to hear those words and he jumped from the top of the drum out of happiness. Krishna came outside and he brought the Pushpaga Vimanam from heaven and made sure Thadhipandan and his drum attained Moksha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Radha Ki Krishna!

She sees her within his eyes!            Radha! Radha Rani is the only person who loved and lived for Krishna, a selfless love, no d...